Aikido Kokikai of Southern New Jersey was founded in September 1996, under a request from the Founder and President of Kokikai International.
We teach a full curriculum in Aikido Kokikai including the following:
- Empty Hand Technique: You will learn dependable self-defense techniques against various attacks including punches, strikes, grabs, and kicks.
- Weapons Technique: Effective self-defense techniques against attacks from weapons including knife, sword (traditional), staff (jo), baseball bat and clubs.
- Weapons Practice: Traditional weapon practice using bokken (wooden sword) and jo (staff). Weapons and Weapons Katas are taught in order to learn how to move fluidly and in a relaxed manner.
- Kiatsu Massage: Kiatsu massage techniques use your internal energy to help heal others of minor injuries.
- Ki Breathing: Breathing exercises are used to increase your lung capacity, improve your health, and find living calmness.